Based in Villars-le-Terroir a little to the north of Lausanne, key safe switzerland have been supplying a range of key safes to family users and business users throughout switzerland for many years. We sell a range of mechanical combination key safes from the worlds leading suppliers. We stock a number of different makes and models of key safes to suite all budgets and requirements.
What is a Key Safe
A Keysafe is a simple, mechanical device designed to keep small objects (usually keys but occassionally access cards or other valuables) in a secure manner, available to those who have the access code.
Originally developed by GE/Supra in the USA, keysafes are a small metal box with detachable (or hinged) door at the front which is opened by the input of a code. Key safes use two combination options, both mechanical. Push button combinations are used by manufacturers such as Supra, while wheel combinations are used on MasterLocke key safes, Yale key safes and others.
Most key safes have codes which are set by the owner. The access code is generally 4 digits or more and can be easily changed. If, for example, builders are working at a property, you can give them the code to access the keys, then when the work is finished simply change the code to ensure that security is not comprised. Additionally if someone arrives at property unexpectedly, then you can tell them the code over the phone.
Each keysafe has fixing holes in the back which are accessible when the safe is open. These are used to securely fix the key safe to a solid, flat surface. Usually key safes are attached to walls or posts, but more frequentely people are also using post boxes.
The key to the success of the key safe is its simplicity. With no batteries or electricity required, the keysafe can be easily mounted on any suitable surface
Why install a key safe
Key safes offer a very simple yet flexible way of managing your keys. A key safe is perfect for :
- school aged children. Children often lose house keys or forget to take them with them. With a key safe the keys are always in the right place at the right time and easily accessible even for relatively young children.
- home help for the elderly : many home help companies now insist that a key safe is fitted. This relieves them of the responsibility for managing the keys for each property and ensures that the keys are where they need to be.
- builder / workmen / Femme de manage : Access can be granted to all of these groups of people without the need to entrust your keys to them. Once the work has been finished you can easily change the code and maintain control of who has access to the property.
- business premises : Often different people are responsible for opening / closing premises and passing keys between them can be difficult. A key safe allows the keys to remain on site in a secure manner.
- holiday homes : distributing holiday home keys to guests, family members or people working at the property has always been a problem. With a key safe these problems quickly disappear .....
A keysafe offers a cost effective solution to key management.